What, where and how (sleeps) to drink in Puerto Vallarta
The nightlife in Puerto Vallarta is legendary, one of the many factors that make it one of the best spring vacation destinations in Mexico.
One of the reasons many young travelers choose a party vacation in Puerto Vallarta is because the legal drinking age in Mexico is lower than most parts of Canada or the US.
The official drinking age in Puerto Vallarta is 18 years, so you don’t have to wait until 21 to enter the hottest clubs in Mexico.
Now, like a lot of things in Mexico, there’s the official law … and then there’s the way things are done.
While 18 is the legal drinking age, and you should expect to be asked to present an ID at your resort or at any of the nightclubs in Puerto Vallarta, you will certainly not always be asked.
A card in Puerto Vallarta can be a hit or miss, based on several factors:
- You look super wasted and already messy when you roll into the club (get a card)
- You’re a jerk to the usher (get a card)
- You look like you have a lot of money to spend and have already ordered a bottle service (probably not getting tickets)
- You’re super hot and so are your friends (probably don’t get cards)
But just because we tell you the truth does not mean we trust it. It’s never a good idea to break the law when you’re in a foreign country and you do not want to risk yourself.
However, if the question is “All my friends are 18 and up and I’m almost 18, should I stay in a hotel and feel like a sad and lonely loser when they go out to clubs in Puerto Vallarta?” So the answer is (remember our handy checklist above) that you can probably put yourself in a club but Do not be an idiot while you are there.
If you go down to Puerto and Arte Spring breakWhether you are 18 or older, there are some things you need to do to take care of yourself and have fun.
No one wants to ruin their vacation with a visit that can be easily avoided at the hospital, consulate or state prison. Here are some easy adult tips to keep things straight and tight:
- Use the in-room safe or hotel safe to store your passport and tourist visa. The tourist visa will be given to you when you enter Mexico at the time of immigration. You need it to leave, so put it in your passport where it will not be lost. Then do not lose your passport. easy. Didn’t you listen to us? It was dumb. There is a Canadian consulate in Puerto Vallarta and an American consulate in Nuevo Valarta to help you. But seriously, lock it up and use your driver’s license or other government ID while you’re celebrating in Puerto Vallarta.
- We are big fans of using Uber when you hop on clubs in Puerto Vallarta because you can share your trip with friends so they know where you are. But the taxis here are usually safe and you do not have to take a “registered” taxi. The regular yellow taxis and white taxis of the airport are fine, just be sure to check the fare on arrival and text the taxi number on the outside of the car to friends as an extra precaution.
- Do not do drugs in Mexico. just do not. Bad idea. And illegal, including marijuana – and if you happen to be from a legal weed state or county, you will find that this pot here is lousy by comparison, so the risk of breaking down is nowhere near rewarding.
- Stay off the beach late at night. Not only will a robbery be happy to release your wallet on the beach in the wee hours of the morning, you may also encounter a wild crocodile that will be happy to release an organ from you. And swimming? No. You’re not Aquaman. Swimming in the ocean, drunk and late at night, is a great way to drown, as our water is calm and safe during the day, but can have a strong sub-tab at night. And do not do it at the resort either, because noisy drunken swimming when the hotel pool is closed ensures an easy way to earn yourself an early forced check-out and be accompanied from the place by security.
- Be careful before you take anyone home. Is he or she insanely hot or particularly interested? Hotter or more interested than you are used to getting at home? Maybe you just met yourself a whore, my friend, who’s got a big bodyguard to make sure she’s paid, or a really nice guy who wants to “cuddle up” until you fall asleep and then steal your watch and wallet on the way. outside. We are not saying you are not completely baby, but be wise in things.
With the legal part and the “responsibility” off the road, let’s talk about what to drink while on vacation in Puerto Vallarta.
Let us present your guide to the three most popular Mexican drinks, so you can order like a champion and become the king of the club.
tequila: Yes, of course you know tequila, but did you know that the state of Puerto Vallarta’s Halisco is Tequila’s home? To be officially considered a tequila, it must come from the tequila region, Jalisco, just as real champagne can only come from a champagne region in France.
You can just drop that little fact while ordering a photo shoot and be impressive. Tequila comes in 5 different forms:
Blanco or money: Colorless and has a strong taste of the blue agave plant, from which all tequila is made, the blanco goes straight from the bottle refining process or may age for up to two months in stainless steel containers. Some people think that silver tequila is the cheapest ingredient, but there are those who distill to be very smooth and high quality. How do you know what the difference is? The price tag will tell you – or the cruelty of the hangover the next day.
Job or GoldA: Young and usually cheap tequila, this is the commonly reserved ingredient for making mixed drinks.
Answer: That is, “rest”, this tequila is aged in wooden barrels for 2 to 11 months, and each brand will have its own distinct flavor profile. Take some salt and lime, because it’s perfect for photography.
Old: Tequila Anijo is produced in small portions and aged in wooden barrels for no less than a year to three years, and is designed to sip and appreciate it, like fine cognac or brandy.
Añejo supplement: Now you’re getting gorgeous. Extra Añejo is “extremely old-fashioned”, having rested in wooden barrels for more than three full years. Extremely smooth and with intricate flavor profiles, prices can reach up to $ 2000 dollars for an elite bottle.
Mezcal: While tequila can only be made from the blue agave plant, it can be made from any type of agave plant, which gives it a different flavor. Much like whiskey and whiskey, they are related, but not identical. And like tequila, Mazcal also comes in the form of blanco, raspado and anchovies.
Raicilla: Another cousin of tequila, the spirit based on this agave has only recently become legal for sale in Mexico, having been a favorite alcoholic beverage made at underground distilleries in Jalisco for generations, literally. Ask for it and enjoy the sight of the certificate from your waiter or bartender.
And where should you drink? For the best nightclubs in Puerto Vallarta, you will want to get to the Morelos Bar in downtown Puerto Vallarta, Mandala and La Akita in the famous Puerto Vallarta Malecon, or to La Santa, Strana or Biblioteca in the Vallarta hotel area.
Even better, book one of our VIP packages and experience the nightlife of Puerto Vallarta like a rock star.
Perfect for a bachelorette party in Puerto Vallarta or bachelorettes, New Year’s Eve, birthday parties, or a trip for girls or guys in Puerto Vallarta, let the nightlife experts in our local area make sure you get the exclusive VIP Nightlife treatment from PV Nightlife, and guarantee you and your team get the The best service at the best price.
In fact, our party planning experts can take care of your party vacation in Puerto Vallarta from start to finish, with everything you need for an epic vacation.
With one click, go to expert planners to book you and your group private accommodation in the villa, transportation, Puerto Vallarta tours, beach and jungle tours, spa packages, sport fishing or luxury private yachts, reservations at the most trendy Puerto Vallarta restaurants or VIP stalls. B- The hottest nightclubs of Puerto Vallarta. Whatever you need, local party planning professionals at PV Nightlife will be there to make sure your trip is amazing, and your party in place, every day and every night of your vacation in Puerto Vallarta.